What is malware & what threats does it pose to you?
Malware is software designed with malicious purpose. It may be designed to disable your phone or computer, remotely control your device, or steal valuable information like credit card information or passwords.
To learn more about what malware is, different types of malware, and how to protect yourself, check out this infographic!
Want to share this infographic on your site? Just copy and paste the HTML below!
Types of malware
- 76% – Trojans: infect by pretending to be a real program.
- 11% – Worms: infect by spreading across computer networks.
- 9% – Viruses: infect by replicating itself and spreading.
How to protect yourself
- Don’t open suspicious emails. Delete and report them.
- Never share your password
- Enroll in an identity theft program.
- Install malware protection.
- Update and patch software to be current.
- Limit application installation.
- Don’t install unknown software.
- Do not reuse passwords.
- If you see something, say something. Make everyone aware.
Should you purchase identity protection?
The odds of having your identity stolen in the next year is about 1 in 20 with a 62% probability of financial loss. These odds are about the same as being involved in a car accident, which runs at a chance of 1 in 17.9.